[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]

/jp/ - Japan/Anime

Japanese Culture and Media
Email
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

  [Go to bottom]   [Catalog]   [Return]   [Archive]

File: 1653695247212.jpg (48.62 KB, 518x510, 259:255, IMG_20201216_152244.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

 No.39018[Last 50 Posts]

I feel like there needs to be a thread made about this. I know this has been talked about many times since 2016 but even then I think this topic is still very neglected because the consequences aren't noticeable on the entirety of Anime yet. There's just something really aggravating about low-status men loosing one of the few hobbies that they could actually enjoy to the very same normalfags and succubi who constantly treat us like dogshit 24/7 and make our daily lives a living hell. We all know the consequences that come with any hobby becoming popular among normgroid NPCs, they start pushing their shitty status-quo bs on it. I'm honestly convinced that by the end of this decade Anime will never have that same feeling as it always did, it'll just become another soulless mainstream form of entertainment to appeal to normalfags. Start expecting chad and his succubi gf to start bragging about going to watch an anime to their NPC social sphere like they do with their shitty MCU movies along with whores cosplaying as your waifu to sell her nudes on the internet to some orbiters (which is already happening to a certain extent). Some oldfags may argue that Anime declined long time ago, and while that's debatable I will say that Anime still retains a very unique feeling to it that is void in the majority of other watchable entertainment and low-status men are the ones that keep and preserve it that way. Mark my words, Anime will be completely unrecognizable around by the end of this decade. Maybe someone can articulate this better than I can but that's the best way I can put it.

 No.39019

File: 1653696651429.jpg (40.33 KB, 768x576, 4:3, 43678634545.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

All I can really say is stop being insecure and require an actual taste. Mecha fans don't have this problem. Watch anime that have thought provoking writing, artistic complex animation sequences, an amazing score, etc. Also I don't think you should limit yourself to anime alone. I do agree the Japanese animation industry is going down the crapper right now, so if you have a backlog, cherish it for as long as you can, then consume some other type of media, like movies or paintings. inb4 locked or moved to /dep/.

 No.39020

why does it matter if anime is mainstream

 No.39021

>>39020
Profit dictates artistic direction. Anime will be made that in such a way that it is targeted at normalplebs.

 No.39022

File: 1653697793352.png (1.08 MB, 1120x1600, 7:10, 7dd487a2-cd53-4ca7-941c-7a….png) ImgOps iqdb

Time ruins everything

 No.39023

>>39021
>will
has been since shonenshit started airing on tv.
for the west that is, most of anime has been normalfaggot in japan since its dawn.
the real issue you aren't considering is that the more expensive and profitable anime becomes the less creative space there is, because execs want to avoid risk at all cost.
doesn't matter that much since mangaka have a lot more freedom to do what they want, but it still is unfortunate.

 No.39024

>>39019
if you stick to watching old stuff, sure.
modern mecha sucks hard.

 No.39025

>>39018
There's watching anime, and then there's having a normie interest in anime. Most normie anime watchers today have only seen what is available on crunchyroll and only the most recent stuff. They will never watch something like Urusei Yatsura, although they'll probably watch the remake which pisses me off.

 No.39026

>>39023
>has been since shonenshit started airing on tv
Oh so since anime's inception?

 No.39027

File: 1653700378819.jpg (192.65 KB, 1181x1748, 1181:1748, 1653698425119.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39018
there are a number of barriers to entry for anime:
1. it's in a foreign language with alienating cultural norms (for normalfags)
2. decades of self-referential culture and internal humor is hard to overcome
3. the futurist aesthetic is too spicy for people who cry rivers when a tv advert offends them
4. it's youthful and experimental (are anime studios the youngest media industry in the world?) and all the innovation is done for free by hobbyists
5. japan isn't at liberty to lose its cultural grip because of its military situation (same with cars and semiconductors)

canada attempted to become a media powerhouse with tax incentives and it largely failed (a bunch of video game studios are headquartered there, but produce nothing of note because they are culturally impotent) what will be unrecognizable by the end of the decade is mainstream culture in the west, not anime

 No.39028

File: 1653700830923.png (455.94 KB, 839x620, 839:620, 2346457345.PNG) ImgOps iqdb

>>39025
>They will never watch something like Urusei Yatsura
UY was a pretty big introduction to a lot of first timer American anime fans in the 80s that weren't into bloody sci-fi stuff.

 No.39029

>idiot starts liking anime
>soon adopts anime as the main trait of his identity
>instead of enjoying the media wastes time finding other casuals talking about anime on social media
>suddenly realizes millions of other people like anime too
>angry about it because he realizes liking anime doesn't make him special
>arbitrarily pushes the date 'anime was good' back to match when he started liking anime
>conveniently ignores the fact anime is literally one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world for the past 30 years with billions of viewers
>can't cope with the fact anime is not a niche interest
>make this exact thread for the millionth time complaining how anime is bad now
>other casuals jump in because they're also idiots eager to echo chamber this shit
>still he can't cope
>becomes ironic weeb, growing ever more bitter and pathetic in the process
>eventually quits anime and move to something else

Every fucking casual.
Every fucking time.

That's how it goes with them. It's hilarious how OP fits the bill perfectly. It's like the internet is a clone factory for this type and the weak-minded falls prey of it. I've seen this too many times. It's hopeless for people like OP.

>>191231

That's why we had one anime title as the highest-grossing movie worldwide recently, because the bar is so high this piece of entertainment is almost rocket science.

You moronic casuals come up with all this nonsense about anime in order to protect your fragile, ignorant inflated egos. You don't like anime, you just care about how it looks on you. It's pathetic. I can see through you, no point trying to wriggle your way out of this simple truth. It's too late for you anyway. You guys should just go ironic weebs already and crash and burn in some shit thread on 4chan, that's your destiny, just go.

Every fucking casual.
Every fucking time.
Every fucking casual.
Every fucking time.

It feels so good to genuinely like something, people like OP will never know. They just can't, it's over for them. No point even reading the responses itt honestly, I already know how it goes.

 No.39030

>>39018
I don’t understand why you people have such a strong connection to the normalcattle who enjoy this stuff as well? This goes for other hobbies as well. If you enjoy it, you are enjoying it for a certain reason so you can expect other people to eventually find it. If you really want something that no one will go towards then find something esoteric that is difficult to take part in or really taboo (this is a stretch…)

 No.39031

>>39029
really dont think he is talking about anime being mainstream in japan, but to the western audience

i think most kids grew up watching anime on tv. but as streaming became available and apps for smartphones were made, they were able to enjoy anime again as adults. that was certainly all it took to get me back into anime

 No.39032

any normie can watch the top 20 anime on Netflix now in a year or less which more or less killed off imageboard users interest in anime
if you're still watching anime you have to be a newfag since nothing decent came out for a decade

 No.39033

>>39029
>conveniently ignores the fact anime is literally one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world for the past 30 years with billions of viewers
billions? i can't find anything suggesting there's more than 100 million anime fans worldwide, and the movie you later cite (demon slayer) has been seen by 20 million people globally

let's say 2 billion people did watch it however, if they watch it on its own terms that's fine, as what op is concerned with is the pernicious influence of normalfags making demands

 No.39034

>>39032
if we go back to 2012 then the chans hadn't been around for 10 years yet either, so the interest of imageboard users (if we believe what you say) would have been even shorter

 No.39035

>>39029
What OP means is that the barrier of entry has been lowered enough to effect the medium and the entire fanbase as a whole has to suffer for it. People who just want to discuss anime can't even do so anymore because of waifufags deliberately spamming any topic threads with constant fan art, adding nothing to discussion.

Anime being in decline is real. Constant polls and charts on anime databases have been done about the users and there is a steady decline with random spike of interests from 2015 and on. Newer fans are consuming content way too fast because of it being readily available. Older fans are not watching new anime being put out unless it's tasteless moetrash.

 No.39036

>>39035
>We all know the consequences that come with any hobby becoming popular among normgroid NPCs, they start pushing their shitty status-quo bs on it. I'm honestly convinced that by the end of this decade Anime will never have that same feeling as it always did, it'll just become another soulless mainstream form of entertainment to appeal to normalfags. Start expecting chad and his succubi gf to start bragging about going to watch an anime to their NPC social sphere like they do with their shitty MCU movies along with whores cosplaying as your waifu to sell her nudes on the internet to some orbiters (which is already happening to a certain extent).
how did you manage to conflate waifufags with what op said about normalfags?

 No.39037

File: 1653708386258.jpg (36.81 KB, 694x693, 694:693, hatingpopularthings.jpg) ImgOps iqdb


 No.39038

>>39037
>misses the point of the thread

 No.39039

low status men, npcs, treat us like dogshit 24/7
why are you crabbing about foreign luxury dude? typing norman slogans n shiet, no respect for the site.

 No.39040

File: 1653711344960.jpg (116.83 KB, 748x1102, 374:551, wp5414950.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39029
>idiot starts liking anime
ok
>soon adopts anime as the main trait of his identity
Anime is just one of the hobbies I enjoy on the side, I don't base my entire personality around it
>angry about it because he realizes liking anime doesn't make him special
No one who browses here thinks they're "special".
I'm just some dude who enjoys it and hate that that the culture around anime is changing from low-status men to becoming popular among western NPCs which I think will start degrading anime at some point as demand changes.
>make this exact thread for the millionth time complaining how anime is bad now
I still think anime is good in general though, when did I ever say it's the entirety of it is bad?
>becomes ironic weeb, growing ever more bitter and pathetic in the process eventually quits anime and move to something else
I don't ever think I'll quit anime because it's something I'll always enjoy
>You moronic casuals come up with all this nonsense about anime in order to protect your fragile, ignorant inflated egos. You don't like anime, you just care about how it looks on you.
Imagine thinking that anyone who browses here has enough self-esteem to even have a inflated ego. As I said earlier, I'll alaways enjoy anime even if normal cucks ruin it to such an extent. I'm simply pointing out that Anime as a whole soaring in popularity will start degrading the content at some point
> I can see through you, no point trying to wriggle your way out of this simple truth. It's too late for you anyway. You guys should just go ironic weebs already and crash and burn in some shit thread on 4chan, that's your destiny, just go.
I mean, everyone here has more than likely accepted that it's over for them or they wouldn't posting here in the first place, and the last sentence sounds like projection, there's no difference between rotting on a thread here or on 4cuck.
>It feels so good to genuinely like something, people like OP will never know. They just can't, it's over for them. No point even reading the responses itt honestly, I already know how it goes
Oh I know you'll read them anyways, I genuinely enjoy anime and always will as I grew up with it, but you'll probably sperg out about vague reason x,y,z on how I don't though.

 No.39041

>>39036
Waifufags are the main demographic of anime watching normalfags and just turn every place into an image dump of their fotm waifu.

 No.39042

>>39018
Lots of trannies

 No.39043

Do you think moe, isekai, CGDCT, school slice of life, and generic shonen were any better? Anime has sucked for over a decade.

 No.39044

I always hated anime and I still do hate it. Childish, cringy shit and I have no idea how people watch that stupid nonsense and before you say about netflix or any other shitty trash, I don’t watch those either. I only watch gameplay videos of Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Total War and AoE2 tournaments on youtube everything else gives me cringe and make me disgust.

 No.39045

>>39022
You mean Entropy

 No.39046

>>39043
To be fair those genres always got backlash from anime fans, but now they are the majority.
>>39027
The age of discover of anime is over. The average watcher is a groid who just saw his YouTuber mention some wacky early 2000s show and now they have to watch it to be retro. They then go Netflix/crunchy it and watch dubbed and talk about it openly in school next day.

 No.39047

>>39046
>To be fair those genres always got backlash from anime fans, but now they are the majority.
since when? All the anime fans I've ever met would go on and on about how k-on was high art. I mean they were being sarcastic but they clearly still liked the show.

 No.39048

>>39047
if you started watching when k-on was airing it's already over for you

 No.39049

>>39048
i'm sorry would you have preferred i said lucky star?

 No.39050

File: 1653751942268.jpg (69.35 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mao sip.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39048
if you started watching when dragonball was on toonami it's already over for you. actually once it's broadcast in japan it's already over, you can only truly enjoy the purity of the medium in pre-production stages

 No.39051

>>39049
For me, it's watching honey and clover out of sheer depressed desperation for falling asleep at night and then having to admit that I wound up secretly liking it a lot.

 No.39052

>>39050
I'd go even further. I think you can truly enjoy it only when it's inside the creators mind and not yet brought to real world.

 No.39053

I started watching anime in the 90s so if you started a decade or two later I can see why you would still enjoy anime.

I hate digital art and what cancer zoomies is "high quality" off-model porn artist spam on Twitter means being an otaku these days

 No.39054

>>39049
>>39050
>>39051
all trannime get some taste

 No.39055

Anime is pretty cool. It tends to have power fantasy/fantasy elements which are lacking from tv series that have real actors. Then theres always pretty succubi with big boobs. With television shows you run into problems of finding gorgeous succubi that are willing to flaunt their bodies. Anime is just honest stupid fun. Doesnt have to be 10/10 groundbreaking, if it just has hot succubi and some action I'm down for that

 No.39056

File: 1653761211112.gif (389.74 KB, 500x283, 500:283, 1488889778751.gif) ImgOps iqdb

>>39018
>Normgroids enjoy it which means they will ruin it for me
Time will tell. Stop letting your obsession with normalfag avoidance ruin your hobbies. Just because Twatter is full of terminally online 14 year olds who have meltdowns over drawings of fictional characters doesn't mean the normgroid crowd does too. Those guys just watch Naruto and Seven Deadly Sins ad nauseum and gush over the same 12 characters. Mark my words - Western groids will never poison a medium whose core fanbase is Japanese aniota outcasts. Anime gets boring after you turn 25 or so anyway. Virtual youtubers are where it's at, especially for actual wizards. Did it piss you off when hololiveEN formed and vtubers got big in the West too? As long as the loli characters don't alienate the lolicons among their fans over muh moralz, I see no issue here.
>>39050
Nice Mao. It took me 30 minutes, but I found my old "Anime succubi Drinking Tea" folder on an old desktop and fukken saved this.

 No.39057

>>39056
>a medium whose core fanbase is Japanese aniota outcasts
Please spare me such delusions. Anime is not some hardcore thing in japan either. I'm not gonna claim that everyone there watches kodomo no jikan in their spare time but everyone will know the currently airing anime.
>Virtual youtubers are where it's at, especially for actual wizards
Oh fuck off.
>Anime gets boring after you turn 25 or so anyway
I agree on this point though.

 No.39058

I think the breaking point for me was when visual novels started popping out in steam in 2012 or so, before that visual novels were these obscure things that you had to find in japanese websites and patch them yourself or download some frankenstein shit from fuwanovel.

After that the gates were fully open, anime is so normalfag now that even gaming in much more niche and wizard friendly.

 No.39059

You can't really "gatekeep" animation. The only thing I'm worried about is the Japanese underground circles eventually getting screwed over. Sites that help doujin artists make money are already screwing people over due to western influence, I think DLsite recently tried to fuck over loli artists due to wanting to appeal to the western market.

 No.39060

File: 1653764058619.png (702.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, 1630336820374.png) ImgOps iqdb

Who cares? Video games are way more mainstream, but the mainstream stick to whatever is popular or FotM. My coworkers have asked me in the past what video games I play and when I tell them they just give me a blank stare because they've never heard of it.

 No.39061

>>39060
video games can be made on a much lower budget than animation though. One guy can make a decent game by himself, so it's easy to find a game you like even if all the mainstream ones you hate. The same is not true for anime. Manga is much easier to self publish at least, but anime needs budget so if all the popular ones are trash it's not enjoyable.

 No.39062

File: 1653766025369.png (1.07 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, cropped-1920-1080-1194152.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>39057
>Oh fuck off.
You're in denial. I know of no teenagers that watch them but plenty of 25-30's and 31-40's that watch them. Oddly enough, older viewers have younger/more energetic oshis while younger viewers have older/calmer oshis.

 No.39063

>>39062
vtubers are not anime, they are not interesting, they are cancer and I hate them. They are as unwizard as it gets and I don't care that older beta orbiters care about them.

 No.39065

File: 1653772722199.png (749.29 KB, 1252x1800, 313:450, Dungeon Meshi - Ch.84 - Ma….png) ImgOps iqdb

>>39061
Manga has always been superior.

 No.39066

File: 1653774488027.png (31.45 KB, 180x198, 10:11, rememberanime.png) ImgOps iqdb


 No.39069

File: 1653791380383.jpg (64.43 KB, 1680x1050, 8:5, We're done.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39018
Did you read or post in the "End of the Wizards" threads on /dep/ OP? They sort of touch upon your….pain of normalfags invading and colonising something they had no interest in initially or even had outright disdain but once it became popular they jumped straight on the bandwagon. I'm going to make another one, might be the final one, you're welcome to join.

>I know this has been talked about many times since 2016

2014. 2014 I think personally was the end of everything geek. Gatekeepers were dead at this point.

>Mark my words, Anime will be completely unrecognizable around by the end of this decade.

You can rip the soul out of something while it's body remains intact. No, what will happen instead are strange things. Strange things like….the aheago face becoming recognisable to normalfags to the point that you see normalfag whores doing it in social media (and onlyfans), which fucking insane when you think about it. An aheago face is the cum face (presumably) drawn by unsexed japanese nerds who've never seen a cum face IRL and now people are *emulating a fake cum face* in real porn. It's like we've entered Baudrillard territory.

Or you'll see normalfags try re-writing or re-contextualising (geek) history. The NES wasn't all that popular in the UK (and probably europe) because over here people were still playing on home computers like amstrads, commodore 64s, etc and you could pirate the games on those pretty easily. The market was bad enough for Nintendo that SEGA was ahead for both the 8-bit and 16-bit console wars in the UK (and probably europe). HOWEVER, when people look back now with Nintendo being hot shit for normalfags and retro being cool, there's a false narrative that the NES was super popular in the UK and somehow was the first videogames console that most older people had.

>>39068

>I just hope there is a new wave of problematic ecchi or whatever in tv anime and filters every norman alive imaginable.

I don't think you realise what era we're in.

 No.39074

>>39018
>>39069
I'm constantly wondering if all the formerly "loser" hobbies are now the cool kids' property, what do the losers of today have?

 No.39076

>>39074
Sex transition, not even kidding.

 No.39083

>>39076
Are things that bad?

 No.39086

>>39083
No they aren't, because those losers have state mandated acceptance and protection. The real losers are still the same people, virgins and asocial people, who admittedly overlap with the trannies quite a bit. There just aren't "loser exclusive" hobbies now.

 No.39089

It's been popular all over asia forever. The problem is it going mainstream in the states. It's funny how bad/inaccurate dubbing or translating happened because it used to be considered trash that no one cares about and now it happens because "we can fix this and make it better". The more things change the more they stay the same i guess. The future for the medium doesn't look too bright but whats really upsetting is old anime,manga and games getting translated by losers who think putting twitter lingo in is acceptable.

 No.39092

>>39086
That….sounds pretty bad.

 No.39127

File: 1654517978354.png (20.25 KB, 240x240, 1:1, main.png) ImgOps iqdb

Anime's popularity among normies is temporary, a passing fad, they'll watch a couple of series just to look cool to others for being edgy an unique or out of interest because their favorite funny turdtuber mentioned it, and then they'll forget about it and continue watching whatever their favorite normie turdtuber, show or game like fartnite and game of turds.
Otakus which are considered low-status men in japan are sill the primary audience for many anime shows

 No.39128

>>39127
That's an incredibly optimistic, nay, *delusional* viewpoint to have.

 No.39129

>>39127
>dumbest shit I've ever read
Do zoomers get bullied anymore? Like if they were they'd understand bullies never return things they stole or if they do, it's always returned broken.

 No.39130

>>39127
This is probably heresy to say on /jp/ but I’ve lost most of the respect I once had for otakus. Most of them aren’t like weaboos that used to post on imageboards, they are the kind of consuming cattle that most here despise today.

 No.39131

>>191216
Everything you have mentioned has been happening on mass since the mid 2010s, the chad thing, waifu nudes thing, souless mainstrimization, I can tell you because ive been lurking in normie media for a time and it makes me want to sui, but I just couldn't ignore the truth.

 No.39135

>>39021
i think it's not gonna affect that much since a huge majority of anime is still made with japs in mind on the positives they show more anime movies on theaters now i don't really know you can stick to more obscure shows and communities but yeah i hate to see normalfags coming anywhere and gatekeep

 No.39136

File: 1654691393214.jpg (326.8 KB, 1536x2048, 3:4, Figure Ribbon Santa's Supe….jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39128
>delusional
My viewpoint is based on daily interactions with normies because of my job in eastern europe, majority don't like anime and frown upon it, the ones that had some interest watch a couple of popular shows and once the novelty wears off they go back to their normie media. It's a bit of a stretch to claim anime is mainstream at least in my post soviet shithole, internet tends to warp your perception on how thing really are.

My point is to just continue enjoying your favorite shows and support them if you can because normie's interest in anime does not persist for too long.

>>39130
>kind of consuming cattle that most here despise today
The otakus that you are calling 'consuming cattle' are the people that supports financially all these wonderful and niche anime shows, why complain that anime will focus towards normies if non of you did shit to prevent that

 No.39138

File: 1654693740733.png (331.5 KB, 920x1111, 920:1111, f8a267c22224d709e9d9fe7d62….png) ImgOps iqdb

>>39136
>majority don't like anime and frown upon it
Oh, but just try looking into their hard drives and the truth will be revealed.

 No.39143

>>39136
>It's a bit of a stretch to claim anime is mainstream at least in my post soviet shithole, internet tends to warp your perception on how thing really are.

Maybe in your specific shithole country anime isn't mainstream, but here it's is as mainstream as fuck.

>My point is to just continue enjoying your favorite shows and support them if you can because normie's interest in anime does not persist for too long.

Like I said delusional. I would be fucking over the moon if anime fell out of popularity but it won't.

 No.39144

>>39143
Anime isn't mainstream. There are two or three shows that casuals watch by the trends. But talk about anything outside of that and you will be looked like a weirdo.

You're the one being delusional.

 No.39145

>>39144
That's like saying video games aren't mainstream because you can't find a copy of gal gun at your local game store.

 No.39146

>>39074
I wonder what it's like to be a bullied outcast zoomer. I mean, in the old days you could hide in the library reading "stupid" manga books or go home and watch "dumb" anime and forget yourself.

Your hobbies might have been "dumb" and "stupid" but at they were yours.

 No.39147

>>39146
*but at least they were yours.

 No.39163

>>39145
More like saying jap games are not popular, or even that rail shooters aren't. It's common to see people siding anime with Avatar and Castlevania and such.

 No.39164

does it turn people to jesus christus?
no?
turned them away?
theres your consequences

 No.39165

>>39164
What are you trying to say?

 No.39167

>>39164
It does elevate us to a higher vibrational dimension of thought and existence taking us closer to the Logos. But seeping into mainstream it is weaponized by the Archons and their manifestations to maintain humanity enslaved to matter, with dire consequences ie trannies, a misunderstanding of the ideas of the syzygy and the anima/Sophia. That's even further descent.

 No.39168

>>39164
>>39167
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Can these be reported for being completely off-topic?

 No.39169

>Some oldfags may argue that Anime declined long time ago, and while that's debatable I will say that Anime still retains a very unique feeling to it that is void in the majority of other watchable entertainment and low-status men are the ones that keep and preserve it that way. Mark my words, Anime will be completely unrecognizable around by the end of this decade. Maybe someone can articulate this better than I can but that's the best way I can put it.
Animes has ever been norm-tier, it's broadcasted in TV to kids at Japan. Mangas kinda are free of normies, only novels (web, light, visual) has future.

 No.39170

File: 1655043564826.png (1.28 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, mpv-shot0001.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>39169
>Animes has ever been norm-tier, it's broadcasted in TV to kids at Japan. Mangas kinda are free of normies
in japan it's the reverse. manga is more popular than anime, and anime is broadcast at 1-2am (or 25:00-26:00) for otaku

 No.39171

>>39169
The anime that is popular among the Japanese is different from the ones popular in Western fandom, and even Japanese otaku. If you look at any list of "best anime ever" voted by the Japanese themselves, they are always mostly composed of family-friendly situational comedy, such as Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan, children oriented series, like as Anpanman and Doraemon, and some popular shounen, this one being the only one in common with Western normies. If you look at lists made by, say, 5ch, it's much different.

It's curious what you say about novels. Take >>39170's Lucky Star image. Only Konata, an otaku, had a big knowledge of anime, but she didn't read LN, like Kagami, a normal succubus, did, and everybody read manga. I also remember this passage where only the fujoshi character recognized a Full Metal Alchemist reference, which may be among the most popular anime/manga series ever in the West.

 No.39173

>>39171
> If you look at any list of "best anime ever" voted by the Japanese themselves, they are always mostly composed of family-friendly situational comedy
I think that's just because it's something they all watched as kids and thus is close to their heart. Like asking Americans what their favorite cartoon is and I bet most would respond with looney toons or spongebob just for the nostalgia factor.

 No.39177

>>39173
for me it is courage and ed boys

 No.39183

File: 1655128188238.jpg (26.62 KB, 305x305, 1:1, Angry_wiz.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39145
then don't watch normalfag tier mainstream anime shows or whatever normalfag tier media, there have always been shows for niche audience with normie filtering content, just stop allowing normalfags and their opinions to hijack your mind.

 No.39188

File: 1655187183215.gif (583.76 KB, 600x338, 300:169, 129e963b2a4cf2b3378665d91c….gif) ImgOps iqdb

>>39173
>that's just because it's something they all watched as kids and thus is close to their heart.
No. Family oriented means precisely that. It's for the entire family, from the 4 year old child to the granny near her death bed. Japan still makes their childrens shows with the full expectation that parents or other guardians will be watching alongside them, and that's why they're consistently ranked highly even by adults; because they're just good.

 No.39189

There's obviously a difference between prime slot airing anime and shit that airs at late night. Its not hard to tell which anime is meant for japanese normals and which one is aimed to a more specific niche audience.
I think that in the west its harder to perceive this difference because here we either just pirate everything or stream through places like crunchyroll, so even shows that are clearly meant for an otaku audience gain certain normalfag recognition (see mushoku tensei or many isekai in general).
>>39169
>Mangas kinda are free of normies
manga has way more normalfag appeal than anime, everybody reads manga in japan because you have something for everyone.

 No.39191

>>39183
>sidesteps the wiz's question
So it's either anime isn't mainstream or don't watch mainstream anime, the latter being a moot point since niche anime *is* being watch by normalfags, so which is it?

 No.39197

>>39191
The point here is stop being a weak minded person that gets affected so much by what other people think of your hobby. The only thing you should care if is your hobby is catering you.

 No.39198

>>39183
I don't care who or who doesn't watch anime. I hardly do myself anymore. I'm just saying it's definitely popular enough to be labeled mainstream. I'm pretty sure that demon slayer movie just out sold fucking spirited away

 No.39201

>>39197
>sidesteps the whole point of the thread
Just enjoy your anime and manga while you still can then.

Like I said earlier, you can rip the soul out of something while it's body remains intact.

 No.39205

>>39201
There's no sidesteping here. You're being controlled by what normies think. Maybe normies deep down recognize superiority and that's why they can't stop following us where we go. But our main concern if that things we like appeal to us. And with that you can make gatekeeping or whatever other thing you want.

If you really cared you would start watching and playing things that actually appeal to you (while ditching everything else). While at the same time contributing to the community. But people like >>39198 admits that they don't even watch anime. So left this to the people who actually care.

 No.39217

>>39205
Enjoy while you still can. >>39198 is probably represenative of many 30+ outcasts, when people berate you for your hobbies and then decades later claim themselves God Kings of *your* hobbies, it WILL demoralize you.

 No.39246

anime golden age was 1995-2011, imo it ended because the founding inspiration of the emergence of it (eva) dwindled from people's memory and tropes it popularized became overdone. nothing about it can be done, and the easiest way to deal with it is to recommend pre-decline anime series.

easiest way to deal with normies is just to keep gatekeeping with increasingly obscure messageboards.

 No.39253

>>39027
>futurist aesthetic
Please elaborate
>all the innovation is done for free by hobbyists
Are you referring to doujinshi culture? Please elaborate

 No.39254

>>39018
who cares because there are 1000s of good animes already made, this is a symptom of the need to constantly have to have novelty and new shows. Well, the best shows have already been made, so enjoy them and escape hedonism, as a wizard, this is paramount. PLeasure is disgusting and leads to sex and rape. What is beautiful is building things, and self improvement.

 No.39271

>>39018
That was a long time ago.

 No.39293

>>39018
It's been mainstream for the past 3 or 4 years now, probably beginning with succubi on instagram making themselves look like anime succubi for attention. I can't pinpoint who or what made it mainstream honestly. Probably just like with old video games/media, someone started liking it ironically and then it took off with the general public. The majority of anime that is popular now is shounen-shit or isekai garbage. I know that shounen has been popular here since the 90s, but you could find halfway decent hidden gems. Also keep in mind that the target demographic for anime has been for Japanese teens and some adults, not American basement dwelling virgins. But now the hidden gems like Urusei Yatsura and other early Rumiko works have been unearthed and destroyed by normalfags too thanks to the internet. It's too late, there's nothing we can do. Unfortunately with a niche hobby, the lower the barrier to entry, the more people will eventually discover it.

 No.39295

File: 1658315480486.webm (768.52 KB, 960x720, 4:3, Bang!.webm) ImgOps iqdb

>>39293
>It's been mainstream for the past ===3 or 4 years now===, ===probably beginning with succubi on instagram=== making themselves look like anime succubi for attention. I can't pinpoint who or what made it mainstream honestly. Probably just like with old video games/media, someone started liking it ironically and then it took off with the general public.

Were you born yesterday or something? I agree with the general gist of the the thread but some of the conclusions you faggots have drawn can only have been made if you niggers were born yesterday.

 No.39365

File: 1660778524671.png (280.54 KB, 730x768, 365:384, lowstat.png) ImgOps iqdb

>>39018
anime is usually focused at an audience of people without great achievements in life: neets, virgins, autists and losers, even in old hentai movies you can see all these things.

shy characters, perverts(usually single old guys), virgins, even in shonens, like for example, yamcha in dragon ball

and it's always full of fan service

makes perfect sense to me, keep away that audience and prevent them from doing degenerate shit like this–→ https://youtu.be/eRRXoJYU_jM

this is literally the only thing we can enjoy in our shitty lives, it was made for losers, to stimulate our minds

part of my lonely life revolves around this, drawing manga, watching anime, listening to anime music and reading. it's an important part for me, i don't want to see it tainted by these assholes.

(the picture is an interview with honda toru about moe, waifus, anime, and the real world)

 No.39366

File: 1660780434231.webm (15.26 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ghost Dog - The Way of th….webm) ImgOps iqdb

>>39365
>https://youtu.be/eRRXoJYU_jM

I genuinely hate that you brought this to my attention. It has half a million views. Normalfags, especially gen z, are the most greedy selfish bandwagon-ing fucks on this planet.

>i don't want to see it tainted by these assholes.

You've literally brought evidence yourself that it's already been heavily tainted.

I keep thinking of Ghost Dog and it's Hagakure quotes. We're at the end of an era that has probably over for a while now.

 No.39371

I despise the modern anime fan. It's become way too accessible that any groid is able to share his shitty half-baked negative opinion on something you genuinely enjoy instead of being able to discuss it with someone who else genuinely enjoyed the same thing. Not even ironic weebs were this bad - because they at least pretended to be ironic moetards. Meanwhile the current generation of anime zoomers are able to pull up niche anime lists on demand and stream them instantly, requiring 0 investment into the hobby itself. Stark contrast to old school anime nerds who either had to stay up till 3-4 am to catch an 90s anime on international channel or dig through a vhs store discount bin to find some c-d tier anime. The average anime fan back then had developed their own taste from being exposed to just about everything and anything available to them. While today an average anime fan is a high school kid who just binged on the live simulcast dub of some generic shitnime ready to discuss it with his buds at the lunch table.

Anime has also become more over sexualized to appeal to normies. Gone are innocent panty shots or random sideboob and now replaced by full on sexual contact that even Master Roshi would get a nosebleed from. Things like tit grabs, crotch grinding, or sucking on something phallic all of course while moaning and emitting visible stink lines are now the norm in just about any anime.

 No.39372

>>39371
>niche anime lists
Most moe anime isn't liked by actual normals, weird normals seldom read visual novels and more obscurer manga. I mean really the target audience of most anime and manga has been japanese single men who have a lot of free money due to not having a partner, therefore they make sure to appeal to these otaku in order to get more sales. Thats why there aren't fat ugly anime succubi to push for fat acceptance or something. If you really wanted to find 'normalfag' free japanese media, play visual novels.

 No.39373

It’s already trying to cater to western sympathies. They made an anime of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - they removed all of the panty shots because they can’t offend the holes.

the anime is complete shit anyways but my point stands

 No.39374

Reading MAL reviews makes me realize that Western normalfaggotscum money (crunchy roll, merchandise) finding its way to the anime producers will undoubtedly negatively influence anime.

There’s an anime im enjoying which translates to “Call of the Night” from the mangaka that wrote dagashi kashi. The anime is very well made and has some really neat art direction. All of the MAL reviews are your typical crunchy roll viewer twitter moron giving the show negative reviews because the female love interest is significantly older than the main character even though she’s physically his age and it’s typical run of the mill 5000 year old vampire stereotype. I am worried Japan will “follow the money” and start catering to these stupid religious fucks.

 No.39376

>>39371
>Anime has also become more over sexualized to appeal to normies.
I think it's stayed the same (the fanart and /d/egeneracy of that fanart has increased vastly though), I think the "stuff" around the medium has changed.

 No.39379

>>39374
I'm also watching Yofukashi no Uta. It has beautiful backgrounds I find enjoyable. Anyway I wouldn't read MAL reviews because I know they'd just make me mad. I think MAL is only useful for checking general info on shows you want to watch, like number of seasons etc. to help you torrent them. The social media aspect of MAL is of course full of twitter people and normals who only stream anime. If MAL didn't exist I'd just check the info I need on Japanese Wikipedia or something.
I think MAL is a negative because it makes anime more accessible to the mainstream, but paid streaming sites and simultaneous airing with (bad) English subtitles is even worse. Before you at least had to find fan subs, which was a small barrier to entry, and didn't bring money from Western normals to the table to influence Japanese studios.

 No.39380

>>39376
It definitely changed. Something like Shield Hero was heavily romance focused from the start and filled with sexual innuendos throughout. Goblin Slayer has the MC larping as a stoic only to be in bed having sex the next episode. Something like Prisma Ilya has lolis kissing. These are all made for crabs compared to the themes 80s/90s anime carried.

 No.39381

>>39380
>crabs

Not him but either normalfags are affecting it or not, crabs are not distinguishable as a demographic from wizards, so which is it?

 No.39382

>>39380
> These are all made for crabs compared to the themes 80s/90s anime carried.
Love it when uninformed retards come and spout off.

 No.39383

File: 1661441256692.jpg (149.27 KB, 1478x831, 1478:831, ev.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39380
>These are all made for crabs compared to the themes 80s/90s anime carried.
not sure what are you getting at, the 80s/90s were filled with power fantasies about guys fucking succubi on the regular too

 No.39385

>>39383
Those are volcel bros who are rejecting succubi in the picture much like most of good anime like FOTN and JoJo females are secondary.

The theme went from appeasing volcels in the 80s/90s and now it is made to appease crabs with wish-fulfillment fantasies.

 No.39386

>>39385
Are you a retard or a troll?

 No.39387

>>39385
If it's a troll, it's a good one.

 No.39388

Hi, I have the thought that modern succubi are largely to blame for anime becoming mainstream, they are so miserable and unhappy from birth and genetically disordered that they have to externalize their misery with us.

 No.39404

>>39380
Only inncels can be wizards. Leave normalfag.

 No.39409

>>39029
It's that I want to feel special because I have a super niche hobby that no one knows about, it's that I used to be able to relate the most to anime fans before it became mainstream. Due to normalfags obsessing over western live action garbage shows in the 90s/00s, the only people who liked anime, and definitely the only people who liked anime and were online back then, were the weirdo reject outcasts like me. As a result it made for a nice way to escape the drudgery of every day life of being made fun of by normalfags. There used to be a ton of manga and anime where the protagonist was a loser shut in or outcast in some way because that used to be the target audience. But just like with everything that they do, normalfags injected reality and politics into it as well as watering down any real lore in order to make it easier to digest. Why do you think iskeai has been popular for the last couple of years now? Stuff like DragonBall Kai that condenses the story so a casual can hop on the bandwagon easily?

TL;DR
Anime used to be fun escapism for outcasts and then normalfags ruined it by injecting reality and politics in it.

 No.39410

>>39025
Right now my generation of Millenials and most Zoomers are in the process of ruining Urusei Yatsura as well as a lot of classic Rumiko anime thanks to vaporwave shit on Youtube.

 No.39414

normalfags turned anime discussion into just posting ecchi fan art from twitter/pixiv, any actual anime discussion these days is drowned out by low iq porn spammers filling threads with pictures

at best they will give you an opinion their favorite youtuber has or look up something from google/wiki

jews also ruined anime as a whole, if any small time manga ever gets popular it will just be turned into corporate goyslop and aired on Netflix

 No.39423

>>39018
I've never really understood why anyone would care if normals like the media they do or not. It always seemed to me a problem of people tying their identity with the media they consume and then fearing that identity being diluted if it becomes more common. But I guess there's the community aspect of it as well. Though I've rarely engaged in anime/manga communities, but I can understand how that aspect could upset people.

 No.39424

why do wizzies refuse to give sauce of the anime avatars? there are so many posts on here that I'd like to ask "what anime?" but that will get annoying :/ please rename your pictures not 152636322737.jpg even /g/ is cool enough to write the titles on the desktop thread

 No.39425

>>39424
because if you don't know who they are from the pic or can't find the source on your own then you are stupid or new.

 No.39426

>>39425
just find it bruh

 No.39427

>>39425
Not all images lead back to the source when reverse image searched. Another stupid holdover from /a/'s normalfag culture.

 No.39428

>>39409
Were you a pokemon master? Because EVERY FUCKING KID ON THE PLANET WATCHED POKEMON.

You are the exact type of person he's talking about. You built your identity on teh weeaboo and then realized anime was main stream before you were even born.

 No.39429

>>39428
He's saying the "anime community" changed, which is a pretty valid thing to say as everything does. It's actually pretty ironic that >>39029 calls him a casual, because it shows he's in that same mindset as OP is.

 No.39431


 No.39432

All autists and other social outcasts have been pushed out of their own safespaces they created in the first place and whatever they created gets turned into a normie conform cesspool in which we don't fit in, it's always the same with anything. They take the dignity out of things and turn them into an easy digestible for normies, ready to be monetized and sold to normie faggots and dumb succubi whores. Whatever they take will also be changed in its context entirely to conform to political correctness and this oversexualized degenerate pop culture.

There is absolutely no dedication on their part as well, its all extremely shallow and they just move on to the next thing once it gets old and is not popular or trending anymore.

Everything will just turn into a big pile of meaningless shit because of the way they changed the internet forever, we are just witnesses of a time that is long gone.

 No.39433

>>39018
High status people don't accept any of those things as mainstream, it's simply larger numbers of people are becoming low status and indulging in the same entertainment as you. You can see this in real life if you go to hot topic in a mall.

 No.39434

>>39433
Youre probably right and we can see this especially if we look at the succubi in these environments, despite their unwarranted self importance they are really not that high status socially and all have some kind of personality disorder like BPD and this can be seen in anime communities or gaming environments like twitch and social apps like discord, of course also in degenerate things like onlyfans. I never saw any actual high status succubi engage in these things. Same goes with men basically even the ones who seem like "chads" have some deep rooted issues and it seems like all they do is act tough on the internet or they try to get attention from mentally ill succubi which is also kinda feminine when you think about it.

 No.39435

>>39433
>>39434
Elon fucking musk posts anime memes on twitter. Samuel Jackson has said he watches hentai during an interview. Yeah most people still act like they're above anime, but that's mostly just the sex part which makes westerners uncomfortable.

 No.39454

>>39433
>High status people
Even if you were right, which you aren't, why the fuck would I care about a handful of "high status" people vs a large number of people overwhelming it?

 No.39462

>>39037
posting redundant cliches doesnt make you a smart person

 No.39463

>>39423
The only reason you should care is the obvious implication the quality of that thing will diminish and that's very real - you only need to look at video games, on a fundamental level the big games are simply not appealing, they're ugly, because the industry became so popular it's now tainted by bad faith actors (like feminists) that actively oppose things appealing to the target demographic (the male sex), or just otherwise poorly designed visual diarrhea made for the lowest common denominator of normalpebs. You can always say "I don't care those games always sucked / I'll play the old ones instead / I'll play indie games" but that doesn't change anything, it's very hard to find mainstream games that appeal to me which would've been easy 10 or so years ago. Before you call me a /pol/tard schizo, I've seen an anime dub by crunchyroll intentionally mistranslated to refer to the "patriarchy" (dragon maid) and a funimation dub call someone a "dumbass gamergate creepshow" an obvious not sly dig at the (male) audience, if that isn't hateful feminist rhetoric 101 I don't know what is. Again you can bypass this by tormenting and not using their shitty normalfag streaming services but the damage is still done, this is how it starts. Another example here >>39373. I expect this to get worse to the point where even Japanese studios at the source are bending over backwards to censor and make things generally unamiable en masse.

 No.39467

>>39463
>feminism feminism feminism
and not
>profit-seeking
Many games have been dumbed down for casuals to lower the entry barrier. The culture war on top is an added insult.

Also
>The only reason you should care
You should always care when unknowns walk into *your* spaces.

 No.39468

>>39467
Profit-seeking would be the cowardly way of phrasing what amounts to an attack on the audience, there isn't profit in making ugly characters but they do it anyway because they know gamers will take it in the rear end and keep buying, so why would I frame it incorrectly in that way? If you have self respect as a person who enjoys his hobbies that's much worse than companies simply trying to make money, which is what they've done forever.

Things like gacha crap and generic slice of life moe anime are trash but at least they aren't straight up insulting, they at least pander to the demographic in a vaguely honest way and that's leagues preferable to things being ugly on purpose.

>You should always care when unknowns walk into *your* spaces.

True, gatekeeping should be mandatory.

 No.39485


Cyberpunk Edgerunners has been #1 on shitflex for over week now, this was the final nail in the coffin. Anime is now offically normalfag central in the West, start expecting the animation studios and manga artists to start appealing more to western normalfags and watch it form into another soulless of form of woke entertainment and horrors you thpught you'd never gaze upon before. Remember wizzies to gatekeep what you love

 No.39486

>>39485
Fuck I accidentally hit the post button when I was still making edits on my post.
Cyberpunk Edgerunners has now been #1 on shitflex for over week now, this was the final nail in the coffin lads. Anime is now offically normalfag central in the West, start expecting the animation studios and manga artists to start appealing more and more to a western normalfag audience and watch it form into another soulles woke normgroid peice entertainment and be prepared to witness horrors you thought you'd gaze upon. Remember wizzies to always gatekeep what you love.

 No.39487

>>39486
Never gaze upon*

 No.39489

File: 1663846788728.webm (16.68 MB, 1920x1080, 16:9, Blade Runner 2049 - Suspi….webm) ImgOps iqdb

>>39485
>>39486
>>39487
Man you fucked up twice.

Them making anime series of western stuff doesn't really irk me *persay*, it's been going on for a while and it's too late to complain about it at this point. And at least *back then* when this was kinda interesting to see.

What is annoying me is that there's the possibility that the cyberpunk 2077 franchise will recover from the absolute mess that was Cyberpunk 2077. It will prove to me that gamers today are mostly sheep that deserve to be fleeced.

 No.39578

Eh its not like the old stuff is going away. Just go watch some old stuff that you like.
It's like the same with games. I didn't like Portal 2, so I just stuck with Portal instead. I don't like a lot of new Minecraft updates so I still play on my 1.6.4 world.

Honestly if you're complaining about new stuff being ruined by normies, you're probably also a normie, since you're obsessed with new stuff. Reminder: anime doesn't decay over time. Watching an anime that is many years old is totally safe and fine.

 No.39580

>>39489
> It will prove to me that gamers today are mostly sheep that deserve to be fleeced.
Dude that ship has sailed, circumnavigated the globe, and returned to port laden with exotic spices. There is no shortage of proof.

 No.39582

File: 1664909127677.gif (776.77 KB, 350x256, 175:128, 48E84BC9-CB28-45C1-A3AD-B5….gif) ImgOps iqdb

>>39489
CDPR just made a press release about all their future cyberpunk projects because the anime completely revitalized the game, it’s gonna be a whole franchise.

Don’t you get tired of being right wiz?

 No.39583


 No.39584

>>39583
kek
Always notice that it's the people who say obvious shit thinking they're deep who make these mistakes.

 No.39585

>>39584
>inb4 "ur obzzessed over le pointless spellingz!!!"
The fact that you misspell the word shows that you use it without understanding its meaning and origin. It shows that you are using the word simply for an aesthetic purpose rather than to convey any actual meaning. In other words, you are not deep. You are a pseud with a shallow personality and a simple mind pretending to be an intellectual.

 No.39586

I don’t get the massive praise for that cp anime. Is it the pretty visuals that turn peoples brains off?

 No.39620

File: 1665483935619.jpeg (132.06 KB, 1056x1056, 1:1, FcnQFxvaIAI8NNQ.jpeg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39586
I watched it and personally thought it was pretty entertaining nonetheless but it was really nothing special compared to other animes out there imho. The only reason for It's popularity among normalfilth is…
1. It's being streamed on and shilled for by jewflix
2. It's based off one of the most highly anticipated games in recent history that also had such a disastrous launch that it morphed the game into a big meme until now
3.And most obviously, it released at a time when Anime in it's current state is extremely popular among Westerners. If Halo Legends for example came out today it would've gotten the same popular reaction from normalfilth compared to when it orginally came out years ago and basically went unnoticed by most despite Halo being the top video game series at the time.

 No.39621

>>39586
watched 1 episode, its because its easily accessible crap, has everything normalfags think is cool, sex and violence, plot seems very straightforward, is made by westerners so has no stigma

>>39578
youre retarded, current things being ruined means far less of a pool of potential entertainment to work with, revisiting old things is fine but unless youre actually braindead (though it sounds like you are) variety and new things are important

how about "live service" games that get progressively worse and worse over time and the thing you bought/played all those years ago now actually doesnt exist? oh damn i guess im actually a normalfag because unlike the normalfags like you who just take it up the bum and ignore it i actually complain about the degradation of things that are important to me, what about new stuff based on old stuff, could you complain about that or what that too make you a normalfag?
durr hurr

 No.39622

>>39621
>made by westerners
Didn’t studio trigger make it?

 No.39623

Niggers thought I was kidding when I said anime is now being shilled by Jews as a form of birth control for autistics. Ass off now that it's true and reality.

 No.39631

File: 1665740009298.webm (4.49 MB, 1138x640, 569:320, Bison Dollars.webm) ImgOps iqdb

>>39582
>Don’t you get tired of being right wiz?
>>39580
>Dude that ship has sailed, circumnavigated the globe, and returned to port laden with exotic spices. There is no shortage of proof.

I tire of there being no rock bottom to this.

I remember a time when many normalfags wouldn't fork out for an expansion when they were (sometimes) worth it, and now they buy enough fake game currency to keep barely maintained timesinks like Destiny 2 running indefinitely at maximum profits.

 No.39643

File: 1665869931009.gif (176.05 KB, 250x250, 1:1, 1658399629145.gif) ImgOps iqdb

I feel very lucky to not have this problem, due to my slow rate of watching. My watchlist is so long that it will take me probably the next 20 years to get through all of it. By that time, I will have forgotten the ones I've watched in the distant past enough to enjoy rewatching them. Therefore I can just repeat this 20-year cycle until I die.

 No.39669

>>39643
why don't you just read the mangas instead?

you can literally read 40 episodes in a day, (at least that's my average read per day)

 No.39673

>>39018
Most anime sucked before it was remotely mainstream, and most of it will continue to suck. Sturgeon's law.

 No.39713

I saw a thug nigger with an anime t-shirt with a plastic samurai sword get into his not-an-anime-fan nigger thug friend's BMW, I saw a tatted up "punk" sparking up a hand-rolled cigerette as he got onto a train with Naruto tattoos (in a gentrified area of course), I've seen masses of hipsters with anime faces on their clothes.

The entirety of geekdom has been ripped *clean* from the outcasts.

 No.39714

File: 1668714528978.jpg (147.86 KB, 1200x1600, 3:4, Mami+Akimbo+%282%29.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39018

I think your attempt at a prophecy is more wrong than the pregnancy of the popular 15-year-old.

Let's see, I'm one of those very rare cases of a perfect hybrid between a weeb and a chad. I'm a virgin, but everyone swears I'm not. Everywhere I present myself as such, I am a weeaboo, however I manage to fit perfectly in any social circle, simply because my abilities to manipulate and handle situations, and my good oratory, I can prove better than anyone that your prophecy will not come true. You see, most of the normie otakus I know could only tell you how much (chainsaw man, dragon ball, naruto, kimetsu no yaiba) and other mainstream anime of that ilk

 No.39715

>>39714
Why would you lie on the internet?

 No.39716

File: 1668715398958.jpg (179.88 KB, 1080x1093, 1080:1093, e3d7dd71cffd741901afb40c3d….jpg) ImgOps iqdb

>>39715

Why would I have to lie in a chan? Why would I have to lie about my day to day? I was already prepared to answer that, and finally, why would I have to prove it to you?

 No.39717

>>39715
Making us part of his daydreams.

 No.39718

>>39714
Take meds, you'll get better soon.

 No.39719

File: 1668875562813.jpg (128.45 KB, 976x689, 976:689, trekkies-march-in-parade.jpg) ImgOps iqdb

Fandom is universal. The exact same spread has happened with north american nerd culture and nothing changed. A couple of hits take off and become normie'd while much older fandoms never do. Attaching self-image to any of this commercial crap is pointless

 No.39720

>>39719
>The exact same spread has happened with north american nerd culture and nothing changed.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You also erroneously likened popularity of Japanese media abroad with popularity of American media in Americans, which is wrong, but you also missed two crucial details. First being that usage of computers and internet has vastly risen in the last decade, making fandoms god awful fucking dogshit, and that the vast majority of newfags to Japanese media(I would put them at around 95% of the fandom, though I just pulled it out of my ass.) have been retarded zoomers. There is also clearly a problem if a fandom multiplies XX times in size within just 5 years, as happened in this particular case.

 No.39721

>>39720
You forgot to mention that the retarded zoomers are going to pay, and since *they* are the majority, Japanese studios will rather favor their tastes instead of some god-forsaken wizards.

 No.39723

>>39721
The saving grace is ironically that 99% of the money they pay goes straight to netflix/crunchyroll, and not to the producers or the JP publishers, making them unlikely to cater to western audiences.
Problem is though, the average Japanese has been getting more and more "woke" with each passing year due to the bleed-in of retarded American identity politics into the JP side of social media, mostly twitter. They are still just a vocal minority of course, but they've been growing nonstop for many years now, and we all know the sheer destructive power of a bunch of no life retards screeching on social media 24/7 from our personal experience.

 No.39727

>>39723
>The saving grace is ironically that 99% of the money they pay goes straight to netflix/crunchyroll, and not to the producers or the JP publishers, making them unlikely to cater to western audiences.
You know until those publishers buy those studios and strong arm them into doing it like netflix already does.

 No.39728

>>39720
>retarded zoomers
It surely makes you feel better to blame everything unto another generation younger than yours.

>>39723
>goes straight to netflix
Because Netflix gets anime for free? Every anime that is on Netflix is because they pay the studio/publishers for it. Most is already made anime, at they just pay to stream it.
>Crunchyroll
Is owned by the japs.
>Muh Twitter
Stop acting like Twitter was invented yesterday. Japs are already aware that Twitter is filled with wokes and many have told them to go away. Stop acting like you guys discovered anything, everyone who was going to become woke already did. You're just coping at this point.

 No.39729

>>39719
>and nothing changed.
They literally ruined Star Trek.

>>39728
>It surely makes you feel better to blame everything unto another generation younger than yours.
Not him but you can't tell me that Gen Z, the idiot generation who literally got z-lib shut down because they *needed* to tell everyone on tiktok where to get free books, doesn't have a hand in ruining fandoms. "Lurk moar" never applied to their generation so they never learnt to adjust.

 No.39730

>>39729
It was the FBI not Gen-Z you mongoloid. I am interested, if my insults are to hasty, though, how did Gen-Z get Z-Lib shut down. I hope you feel bad for yourself.

 No.39731

>>39018
>Start expecting chad and his succubi gf to start bragging about going to watch an anime to their NPC social sphere like they do with their shitty MCU movies along with whores cosplaying as your waifu to sell her nudes on the internet to some orbiters (which is already happening to a certain extent).

Go back 10 years in time, geek culture went mainstream in the 2010's.
With the stupid MCU movies and then the first season of AOT, then One Punch Man, etc anime wasn't just for nerds anymore but full blown normies too.
But I didn't want to gatekeep my hobby, this is exactly what the og geeks wanted to achieve.
But now with the new wave libtards, and sjws these people want to form the medium into something it's not.
It happened to western animation and if the Japanese audience become more liberal they'll form anime into something unwacthable PC garbage western cartoons are already doing.

 No.39733

>>39730
Yeah for years z-lib peacefully existed and then suddenly got shut because FBI had bad mood that day.
>>39728
>It surely makes you feel better to blame everything unto another generation younger than yours.
Listen, older generations are usually just either too dumb (no offense, they grew up without computers, so they can't really get into them) to ruin fandoms, or too old for such doings. On the contrary, zoomers are by far the most active part of the internet, so if something is getting ruined, you won't be much mistaken if you blame zoomers. On the other hand it were boomers who created the clown-world we live in today, so perhaps it's not entirely fault of zoomers.

 No.39734

>>39730
I'm sure they've always had their eye on it but dumb shit zoomers blasted it all over tiktok that you could get free books on z-lib to the point that it was trending and tiktok blocked it:

>As reported by TorrentFreak last week, TikTok decided to block hashtags related to Z-Library, reportedly responding to copyright holder's complaints.


>"Reducing user discoverability of content that violates our Community Guidelines is of paramount importance," stated TikTok.


>"Accordingly, TikTok proactively blocks search results for terms that violate our Community Guidelines, including terms that relate to counterfeit goods […]. We also recently blocked search results for #zlibrary while our team assesses content associated with that hashtag."


>>39731
>But I didn't want to gatekeep my hobby, this is exactly what the og geeks wanted to achieve.
I've talked to another wizard about this and in *retrospect* he realised it's not really what he wanted.

>>39018
The new pokemon game's OST has Ed Sheeran in it. Fucking 'ell.

 No.39735

>>39734
someone already made a mod to remove it and put in a song from digimon i think lol

 No.39736

Guys it's late night and I have a genial idea. TikTok was created for this reason. Look, this is an incredible profit.
1. Dumb zoomers will pay and they already earn ridiculous amount of money on that bullshit.
2. Dumb zoomers are so fucking dumb that they will share whatever is "cool but illegal" there, so that relatively obscure pirating sites will be brought up and therefore most civilized countries will *HAVE* to take measures!

This is a genial way to make them dig a grave they will be buried into. When I wake up I want to discover that the thought is wrong. No kidding.

 No.39740

>>39733
Older generations are the ones who know how things function because they have more time using the Internet. It was them who let fandoms die and stopped gatekeeping. They should be teaching new gens how to use things, but they don't and only enjoy whining.

 No.39741

>>39740
How do you fucking imagine "teaching" and "gatekeeping" a god damn swarm of retards? This is not physically possible with this level of globalization when every fucking daft idiot can share his retarded bullshit "content" with the whole world and even find the likes of him. You're mad.

 No.39744

>>39740
> they have more time using the Internet.
Zoomers where born in a world with internet, so not really, if you compare percent-of-life

 No.39746

File: 1669086347848.webm (868.28 KB, 432x320, 27:20, Heights_.webm) ImgOps iqdb

>>39740
Teaching? An entire generation who don't know or never heard of lurking?


[Last 50 Posts]
[Go to top] [Catalog] [Return][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ Home ] [ wiz / dep / hob / lounge / jp / meta / games / music ] [ all ] [  Rules ] [  FAQ ] [  Search /  History ] [  Textboard ] [  Wiki ]